Sunday, August 07, 2005

You want something to cry about? I'll give you something to cry about--the ho-quo!

A knock was heard at the door.

"Come in" said Mr. Ingalls.

Mr. Alphonso Jones opened the door and entered.

"Excuse my late intrusion, gents," he said. "And how did you find the Vivians?"

"Very well, thank you."

"They are very high-toned people."

"I presume so but I am not much of a judge" said Gilbert.

"Probably," said Mr. Ingalls, "you do not know as many of that class
as Mr. Jones."


"Did you find the Montmorencys well, Mr. Jones?"


"Quite so, thank you. Mrs. Montmorency had a bad cold; but she has quite recovered now. They talk of going to Europe next summer."


"Do they, indeed? How you will miss them!"

"To be sure. However, I have many other friends in the first circles whom I can visit."--Shifting for Himself. (1876)

Update: Can't leave out cover number 4. The little pervert was popular, wasn't he?

No comments: