Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bash

The Drunkablog needs to be let out--I mean, to get out, more. But he and his much more sociable wife (not work safe! not the Drunkawife either!) did deign to attend the blog bash last night at Breckenridge Brewery, just a projectile vomit down the street from beautiful Coors Field in downtown Denver.

We had no idea what to expect. I'd never even met a blogger before (besides myself, of course. I've met myself any number of times), and was quite prepared to view them, as a species, askance.

But in an evening of thoughtful conversation it slowly became apparent that bloggers are in the main intelligent, interesting, and attractive people.


End gentle joshing

It was fun, because it had the number one ingredient of a good party: people. So here's a link to every blogger the D-blog and his personal wife (patriarchal, ain't I?) personally conversated with at the bash, more or less in order of appearance:

Bert Wiener of the eponymous Wienerville, who is a wiener only in the most complimentary sense of the term, and who just posted the mo-toons.

Andy of World Wide Rant, who, though a big-time blogger, did not mock the (small-time) Drunkablog's countrified ways.

David J. of ResurrectionSong (a beautiful name--not David J., ResurrectionSong).

Twentysomethingmom Shannon with special guest Lily Claire (I'm guessing at the spelling of that name).

Linda Seebach, a blogger in spirit, even if she does think John Temple is the nuts.

Leif Smith of the veddy cool Explorers Foundation. Hey Leif, do you know the work of Michael Polanyi?

Goyishekop of A Menshe Trakht and other endeavors.

Roger Fraley of (the Latin-epigram quoting!) XDA (which he is).

Jed, setting liberal hearts pit-a-pat in his "celebrate diversity" t-shirt.

Steve Wheeler (who sang divinely) and for whom, a verse:

Won't you come with me to Alabamy
Let's go see my dear old Mammy
She's fryin' eggs and boiling hammy
That's what I like about the South

--That's What I Like About the South.

And there to add extra eclat were two other big-time bloggers, Stephen Green of Wodkapundit and Jeff Goldstein of Protein Wisdom. I didn't really talk to them.

Update: Boiling hammy? Do Southerners as a rule boil their hammy? It sounds disgusting.

Update II: The bash even had its own logo, which if I remember my tax law (and I do) means it's, like, totally deductible.

No comments: