Tuesday, May 10, 2005

How to succeed in blogging without really dying

John Hawkins has 24 fine pieces of advice for blogging success--and one that's just scary. Number 20 reads:

If you're going to be successful, you have got to consistently put out a lot of links or a lot of material day in and day out, week after week, month after month, year after year (unless you're as good as Mickey Kaus). If you're not pumping out either 10-15 links per day or 1000 words plus then you're probably not doing enough to ever get really big.

Doesn't that seem a little Dickensian to you? By my admittedly rough calculation (I didn't calculate at all), since February 8 I've posted approximately .89325 times a day (corrected for incoherence). This means that I am 12 to 15 times underweight in postagings. In other words, I am a loser.

But, I defend myself, Professor Bunyip hasn't posted since April 15, and I check him every day. Oh yeah, Hawkins said something about being good. Gotta work on that.

Update: Why did I have the urge to say, "I check heem every day," like I'm faking (badly) a Mexican accent? Gotta work on that.

No comments: