Tuesday, February 02, 2010

F'n retarded

Now that Rahmbo has made the phrase fashionable, I'm going to apply it to various tenants in or near the D-blog manse.

First, a tenant e-mailed me yesterday, threatening to abrogate the lease because the light in the refrigerator didn't work.

He or she told me he or she had replaced the bulb, but, no luck. I went over and screwed the bulb in correctly. I'm handy like that.

The second tenant actually pounded on the door to inform me that his mailbox was askew. The boxes hang on screws drilled into the brick. This guy is a scientist, with a masters from Colorado School of Mines. Just like Wart's non-bomb-making pal Derrick Jensen.

So much education, so little sense. And by the way, landlords should be lined up and shot. Please.

Update:

Q: How many landlords does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: One.

Update II: In fairness, I should note that the CSM grad apparently has a case of OCD which works in my favor. Twice now I've gone out to shovel snow (today was the second time), and it's already been done. The first time I thought it was the young, hale and hearty Denver firefighter who was doing me a one-off favor. But when I asked him he said it was the (oldish) Eccentric Scientist who'd done the shoveling. When I asked the ES why he'd done it, he said, "I can't help it."

Heheheheh. The D-blog is about to embark on a systematic exploration of what other useful work he "can't help" doing.

No comments: