Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kaffiyah Watch!

And Trip Report!

Not really, you lucky bastards (and beeatches!). No trip report. Okay, a tiny one: We had great weather and saw many beautiful and interesting stuffs. I fell in the river only once.

Probably won't even post many pics, because they suck (yeah, I know: why let that stop me now?). Here's one I didn't take, of your own darling river rat, sporty in his custom-made kaffiyah:


Believe it or not, it's actually an old dishtowel! The d-bog: hip on a budget.

I fell in, by the way, while trying to find these carvings by the no-doubt-crazed French trapper Denis Julien:


Giant winged eyeball: Denis needed to get off the river.

Kind of a generic shot, but this is what the Green looks like along much of the stretch we were on:


Fordish.

No comments: