Monday, October 09, 2006

Heads! (exclamation point just for you, Snaps!)

In addition to doors and plants, Mexico also has LOTS of heads. Ancient heads...


Baby Olmec Head, Museo Amparo, Puebla, Mexico

...to modern heads...


Sprinkler Head, Museum of Modern Art, Mexico City. I was wandering around the sculpture garden, being totally delighted by everything, when I saw one more thing that looked particularly delightful. I had it framed in my viewfinder before I realized that it actually was a sprinkler head, not art (or is it?)

...to in between heads.


Victor Hugo Head, Parque Hugo in Puebla, Mexico. Apparently, Mr. Hugo was a big supporter of Mexico during the French-Mexican war. Puebla is the site of the Battle of Puebla, which is the battle celebrated hugely in the United States and Puebla, but nowhere else in Mexico.

It's the old heads that are most fascinating, I think. Here are some more.


I-don't-like-you-very-much-either head. Museo Amparo, Puebla



Head in the Sand, With Stone Beads. Museo del Templo Mayor, Mexico City. All from a funerary stash.


Pierced-Earred Punker Head, Anthropology Museum, Mexico City


Shock or Awe Head, Museo Amparo, Puebla


Fountain Head, Hotel Patio, Taxco


And, finally, Happy Buddha Head, Museo Amparo, Puebla

No comments: