Can't tell you how many times a tenant has called and screamed, "I smell gas!" One time, a tenant was having a party and shepherded all her guests out into the cold because of the danger of explosion and burning bodies and death and glavin!
Every time, it's been a pilot light on the gas stove.
This, in case you didn't know, is not dangerous. Anyway, it just happened again. I went over with my trustee (yes, it was just put on work-release) lighter, pulled the hood of the stove up, and relit a pilot light.
Reactions: Wow! That's all? Are you sure?
Well, I won't be absolutely sure unless I find you all dead in your beds, but yeah, I'm fairly sure.