Monday, December 12, 2005

Fun feature may not have furture

Exclusive pictures of the valuables cases at a Denver thrift store. Sorry how lousy the pics are, but I didn't feel like explaining to a suspicious thift store employee why I was photographing his (double-locked) "valuables." He'd have been sure I was casing the joint for a heist.

This is the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) store on Alameda.




Never noticed 'til I took this picture that the DAV has its own flag.

Anyway, here's valuables case number one:

Great gifts for all the drunks and losers on your Christmas list.


And in case number two, fine watches with price tags stapled to them.

Then there was this. The price tag on the bling (below, lower left) says "$449.00," which is the highest price I've ever seen for anything at a thrift store; even the DAV's refurbished computers don't cost that much.


But look up in the opposite corner there. That, if I know my extruded-plastic WW II fighter planes, is the legendary P-51 Mustang. I wanted to buy it, but it had no price tag yet was ensconsed with the $449.00 necklace. Way out of my league.

Update: That's "future."

No comments: