Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Filler

Pictures from Spain in 2000. Unbelievably, I can't remember where the first two were taken, except that it was the same place, an old (duh) monastery built on a sheer cliff and converted into a hotel. It was beeyouteefull. The D-a-W will know where it was, and be properly contemptuous of my accelerating mental decline. (I not only make a point of eating food cooked in aluminum pans, I scrape the pans with a spoon to get out the yummy burnt stuff. Mmmm-mm.)

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Spain.


The river (whatever it is) makes a little bow curving around the cirque. This is looking downstream, I think, at dawn. The cultivated things are olive trees.



This is looking upstream, taken a couple of minutes
before. The sun had just hit the fog.

I know where this one was taken, anyway. The Sagrada Familia Church in Barcelona.


Gaudí the crazy architect whose dream this church was got run over by a tram in 1926. The church is nowhere near completion. Here's Gaudí's wiki, and here's a bunch of pics of the church not taken by me. It's pretty wild.

No comments: